What is the Jordan Child Development Center?
The Jordan Child Development Center (JCDC) is a program that supports and fosters child development through two main programs.
- Our Early Intervention program is one of fifteen Early Intervention Programs in the State of Utah. Our lead agency is the Utah Department of Health's Baby Watch Program. The Jordan Child Development Center serves families within the Jordan & Canyons school district boundaries. Services are offered to families with infants or toddlers, under the age of three, with developmental delays, disabilities, or diagnosed conditions.
- Our Preschool program offers free educational preschool services for children with disabilities (3 to 5 years old). A child is determined to be eligible for services through a screening and testing process. Preschool services are also offered to non-delayed children for a small monthly fee.
- The mission of the Jordan Child Development Center is to provide families in our community with the knowledge and tools to enhance their child's growth and development. Our staff implements family-centered practices which support the philosophy that a family's concerns, values, priorities, and resources establish the framework for service. We create teachable moments that foster social, physical, creative, cognitive and language development of each child in their lifelong commitment to learning and independence.
- We believe that every child can learn.
- We believe in partnering with families to recognize and address their child’s individual strengths and needs.
- We believe in respecting the cultural and socioeconomic diversity of our students and their families.
- We believe in strengthening the foundation of lifelong learning for each child.
- We believe in fostering independence within child-centered services.
- We believe in using research-based methods through the implementation of Division of Early Childhood (DEC) Recommended Practices.
- We believe in collaborating with colleagues by participating in Professional Learning Communities.
- We believe in providing individualized and high quality services.
- We believe in adhering to federal, state, and district guidelines.
Next class date is September 9th, 2017 from 10am-11am